6/4/13 – Version 2.8.0 has been released, please upgrade to this version ASAP!!! Our webhost migrated everything to new servers and broke the licensing connectivity between older versions of the app and the server. Again, we apologize for the recent issues.
Roam Control is an Android application that allows you to force roaming on your CDMA cell phone. It is targeted towards Sprint users and currently supports HTC, Samsung, and Motorola phones. The app does support both unrooted and rooted HTC phones, but please note that root is required for other phones.
This app is useful when you are in an area with a weak signal and your phone does not roam onto a stronger roaming signal. Putting your phone into a “roam only” mode will make your phone choose the roaming signal, improving the reliability of your phone and improving battery life.
The previous version in the market had over 12,000 downloads and a near-5 star rating!
Note: if you previously purchased Roam Control from the Android Market, you do not need buy a new license; it will support existing Android Market licenses.
News and Updates (updated 6/4/13)
- Roam Control version 2.8.0 is now available at the download page. This new version fixes the connectivity with the licensing server. Please upgrade to this version ASAP!!!
- Refunds can be automatically requested at the support page within 7 days of purchase.
- Here are the priorities for future releases:
- Add support for the unrooted HTC EVO LTE
- Add support for the Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean
- Add support for Motorola phones running newer Android versions
- Improve widgets